Founded in 1923, the Rotary Club of Gainesville is the largest Rotary Club in Gainesville, Georgia with 150 members. We encourage you to apply for membership to become a member of our club and the great organization of Rotary International. Rotary International is an organization that is in over 200 countries and has a membership of over 1.4 million members worldwide. You can learn more about your weekly programs and achievements by reviewing our past newsletters.
We believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. We work together with over 46,000+ clubs to:
- Promote peace
- Fight disease
- Provide clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Save mothers and children
- Support education
- Grow local economies
- Protect the environment
We provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
What are the benefits of Rotary membership?
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals. Through regular meetings and events, you’ll:
- Discuss your community’s needs and develop creative ways to meet them
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Clubs accept new members by invitation. We’re looking for people who want to give back to their communities.
Rotary provides an experience that seeks to engage multiple generations who share the ideals of service, leadership, diversity, integrity, and friendship, and wish to have fun while creating lasting change in the world, in their communities, and in themselves.
If you are interested in joining us you can contact the Club Membership Director(s) to coordinate a club visitation.
- Find a Rotarian of the Club to sponsor for your membership. Contact the Membership Director(s) to get help in this process.
- Complete the electronic application (see link at the bottom of the page).
- Agree to the Dues/Fees and Member Agreement
The Board of Directors will review your application during their monthly meetings (usually the 3rd Monday of the month) and vote to approve the application. After the board reviews, your name and a brief bio is sent to the Club's membership for a 10-day approval period. If no concerns are raised, you membership is accepted and your orientation and induction will be scheduled.
As a Rotarian, you will have responsibilities to be in Good Standing with the club. Here are the responsibilities and expectations to be a member in the Rotary Club of Gainesville.
- Attend a new member orientation to Rotary Club of Gainesville prior to induction
- Complete the Red Badge Program for new Rotarians.
- Sign-up to work with a committee
- Visit and meet members at each meeting
- Maintain a 50%+ attendance record
- Present a vocational talk at a future meeting
- Spend time learning about Rotary International
- Pay financial commitments in a timely manner
- Use your professional skills and talents to make a difference
- Rotary International & District Dues: $343 (billed at $85.75 per quarter)
- Meals: $800 (billed at $200 per quarter)
- Rotary International Foundation Paul Harris Fund: $100 minimum annual pledge (billed $25 in July/October and $50 in January)
- Georgia Rotary Student Program: $100 minimum annual pledge (billed $25 in July/January and $50 in October)
- Initiation Fee: $100 (one time fee for new Rotarians)
- Polio Plus: $15 (billed in April)
- Guest Meals: if you bring a guest, you will be billed their meal ($17 per meal) unless paid at the door.
I hereby certify that I am qualified for membership by meeting the standards listed:
- engaged as a proprietor, partner, corporate officer, or manager of any worthy and recognized business or profession; or
- holding any important position in any worthy or recognized business or profession or any branch or agency thereof and have executive capacity with discretionary authority; or
- having retired from any position listed in (1) or (2) of this section; or
- being a community leader who has demonstrated through personal involvement in community affairs a commitment to service and the Object of Rotary; or
- having the status of Rotary Foundation alumnus as defined by the board.
I understand that it will be my duty, if admitted, to exemplify the Object of Rotary in all my daily contacts and activities and to abide by the constitution and bylaws of Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Gainesville. I agree to pay the annual dues and fees as shown above in accordance with the bylaws of the club. I hereby give my permission to the club to publish my name and proposed classification to its membership.
By completing the application to join the Rotary Club of Gainesville, you hereby agree to this statement.